Director of Technology and Chief Technology Officer, The National Archives (UK)David is a senior archivist and records specialist at The National Archives; the main focus of his career has been on improving access to archives and information in both government and the archive sector.
David is responsible for information technology services at The National Archives. In this role, he is leading on the major cross-government project to develop a shared service for preserving digital records.
- What advantages do digital records offer over paper records?
- What is the biggest challenge for the National Archives in relation to digital records?
- What does Digital by Default mean and how does the National Archives achieve this aim?
- Do you think that some of the services provided by the National Archives might be described as a form of G2C eGovernment? Why?
- From the citizen perspective, in what ways could digital access to the government documents stored in the National Archives promote forms of eDemocracy?