Deputy Head of eCommerce, SchuhStuart McMillan is the Deputy Head of eCommerce for the footwear retailer Schuh. Stuart started his working life in a supermarket, supervising the fruit and veg department, after leaving university where he studied Chemistry. He then went on to manage a small outdoor retail operation, where he helped start their eCommerce website as well as writing a back-office system to integrate the stock and sales information of four other branches. After a brief period working for a biotech firm writing an intranet system, Stuart joined a digital agency as a senior developer, where he worked on the websites of several prominent fashion brands. One of these brands, AllSaints, hired him to help set up and run their own web development team.
While he had a proven technical background, Stuart always aspired to be a leader within business, helping to shape the direction of busy eCommerce websites. He joined the team at Schuh as a fantastic opportunity to do just that. Stuart is also a keen participant in eCommerce conferences and writes a regular blog on the subject.
- What sort of benefits does a company such as Schuh experience from both B2C and B2B eCommerce?
- How is it possible for a company selling physical goods to differentiate its eCommerce business from its competitors?
- In what way are mobile access devices important to the eCommerce strategy at Schuh?
- What are the advantages of providing customer service electronically?
- How does Schuh manage its ICT infrastructure to facilitate eCommerce innovation?
- How important is data security to successful eCommerce?
- Is successful eCommerce more of a business than a purely ICT issue?
- How has eCommerce changed consumer behaviour?