Cases from the Journal of Information Technology and the Journal of Information Technology Teaching CasesA number of case studies from JIT and JITTC have been selected for their cross-chapter relevance to Business Information Systems 2e.
Click the titles of the articles below to download the full case studies as PDFs.
Additional lecturer teaching notes to accompany the case studies are available for some articles. Click here to request copies of the notes.You will find useful summaries of the case studies listed below in the Case Studies section (pp.466-470) of your textbook. These include brief case descriptions, a commentary by Paul Beynon-Davies and some issues for consideration. See also p.466 of your textbook for a grid mapping these case studies to the Learning outcomes of the IS 2010 curriculum.
View case studies listed in the case studies section of the book
- JIT1 - Fixing the payment system at Alvalade XXI (by Ramon O'Callaghan)
- JIT2 - Modernization of passenger reservation system: Indian Railways's dilemma (by Srivastave, Mathur and Teo)
- JIT3 - Crafting and executing an offshore IT sourcing strategy: Globshop's experience (by Ranganathan, Krishnan and Glickman)
- JIT4 - Infosys Technologies: improving organizational knowledge flows (by N. Mehta, Oswald and A. Mehta)
- JIT5 - Constructing an e-Supply Chain at Eastman Chemical Company (by Yen, Farhoomand and Ng)
- JIT6 - Lessons learned from the development and marketing of Mozilla Firefox 1.0 (by Jin et al.)
- JIT7 - Finding the process edge: ITIL at Celanese (by Schultze)
- JIT8 - Peak experiences and strategic IT alignment at Vermont Teddy Bear (by Gogan and Lewis)
On website only:These case studies are available online only. But see p. 472 of your textbook to see how they map against the Learning outcomes of the IS2010 curriculum.
View website only case studies
- JIT09 - Managing the Internet Payment Platform project (by Gogan and Gelinas Jr)
- JIT10 - Challenges in delivering cross-agency integrated e-services: The OBLS project (by Periasamy and Kien Sia)
- JIT11 - Wireless technologies at Agriculture ITO (by Scornavacca)
- JIT12 - The ultimate bluff: a case study of partygaming.com (by Laffey)
- JIT13 - E-business transformation at the crossroads: Sears' dilemma (by Ranganathan, Shetty and Muthukumaran)
- JIT14 - DCXNET: e-transformation at DaimlerChrysler (by Klein and Krcmar)
- JIT15 - Addressing the new regulatory landscape: IT compliance and E-discovery at KMCO Gaming (by Outlay, Krishnan and Ranganathan)