Welcome to the companion site for The Study Skills Handbook 5e, by international bestselling author Stella Cottrell.
Whatever your level of study or subject area, The Study Skills Handbook will help you identify your own unique formula for success and unlock your potential – enabling you to gain the most from student life, enjoy your studies and achieve your best. It also helps you to develop skills and establish habits that will serve you well both during your studies and beyond your time at university.
Explore this site to discover a wealth of additional resources for both students and lecturers*.
- Author videos
- Additional activities and exercises
- Bonus web-only chapter ‘Confidence with Numbers'
- Checklists, self-evaluations, planners and record sheets for you to fill in
- Glossary of key terms used in higher education
- Useful resources and websites
- An introduction by the author, with information on using @cottrell_study as a resource
- 40 suggested topics and activities for you to use with your students
- PowerPoints to support these activities
- Curated lists of recommended reading, to help your students follow up on areas of difficulty
*Lecturer resources are password protected – please use the “Request Access” button in the sidebar to gain access.
What students and lecturers say about The Study Skills Handbook:
…without this book you can get by just fine with your education, but with it you could be exceptional.– Zac (student)
The book literally wills you to succeed: it's inspirational.Anon (student)
Essential reading for students, but also an invaluable resource for instructors looking for strategies to enrich their teaching.– Dr Ian W. Archer, Keble College, University of Oxford, UK
Covers everything a new (and existing) student needs to know about.– Ian Tapster, University of Portsmouth, UK
Materials on this site may be used for personal use by individual students, and for teaching purposes provided the source is acknowledged as follows: © Stella Cottrell (2019) The Study Skills Handbook, London: Red Globe Press. Available from: www.studyskillshandbook.co.uk.