Resource bankThis page is no longer in use.
The resources in this section have been created to help you to make the most of The Study Skills Handbook. There are interactive self-evaluations, useful links and resources, mp3 podcasts and video interviews with Stella Cottrell, author of The Study Skills Handbook.
- Developing your skills - this self-evaluation helps you to identidy which study skills you would like to develop further
- Exam skills MP3- Download this audio file to hear how you can improve your confidence and performance during exams.
- Critical analysis MP3 - Find out how you can improve your critical analysis and thinking in your written work, and why it is just so important.
- Creative thinking MP3 - Practical methods for developing and enhancing your creativity
- Managing Writing Tasks- This self-evaluation will help you to assess how good you are at managing different writing tasks and to identify areas you may need to work on.
- Motivation - How motivated are you? Try this self-evaluation - and be frank!
- Online research tools - Looking for good-quality online materials? These websites can be a good place to start.
- The APT-S Study Skills Framework - In this short video, Stella Cottrell explains the APT-S study skills framework for Academic, People, Task-management and Self-management skills.
- Why study skills are important - In this video, Stella Cottrell outlines the importance of study skills for academic life and success after graduation.
- What to expect from academic study - Use this short interactive course to help you prepare. It is part of a wider resource called skills4studycampus which your institution can provide.