Suggested Answer to Exercise 5.4 (Part 1)
Approaching the Question
The suggested answer contained in these pages is designed to illustrate how to answer Exercise 5.4 whilst also helping you to develop your problem answering skills.
- It is only an illustration - there is no one right way to answer any question.
- It is in note form – you need to develop and practice your own style of answering questions.
- Think carefully about how to structure your answer – there are three occupiers to advise, how can you avoid unnecessary repetition when doing so?
- What rights, if any, will the parties have if they are not tenants?
Before you go to the next page, make notes under the following headings:
- What are the issues in this question (what do Yasmin, Javed and Brenda want to know)?
- What rules will you need to use to answer their questions?