Suggested Answer to Exercise 6.3 (Part 1)
Approaching the Question
The suggested answer contained in these pages is designed to illustrate how to answer Exercise 3.6 whilst also helping you to develop your problem answering skills.
- It is only an illustration - there is no one right way to answer any question.
- It is in note form – you need to develop and practice your own style of answering questions.
- It is helpful to use diagrams when planning your answer to this type of question (see, for example, the Figures in Chapter 6 of Land Law). The more complicated the facts, the more useful a diagram is likely to be.
- This question concerns a new tenancy. You also need to be able to use the rules that apply to pre-1996 leases.
Before you go to the next page, make notes under the following headings:
- What are the issues in this question (what does Jane want to know)?
- What rules will you need to use to answer Jane’s questions?