Suggested Answer to Exercise 9.3 (Part 1)
Approaching the Question
The suggested answer contained in these pages is designed to illustrate how to answer Exercise 9.3 whilst also helping you to develop your problem answering skills.
- It is only an illustration - there is no one right way to answer any question.
- It is in note form – you need to develop and practice your own style of answering questions.
- It is helpful to use diagrams when planning your answer to this type of question (see, for example, Figure 9.1 on page 140 of Land Law).
- It is usually best to consider the passing of the benefit and the passing of the burden of the covenants separately when answering questions of this type.
Before you go to the next page, make notes under the following headings:
- What are the issues in this question?
- What rules will you need to use to successfully address these issues?