Suggested Answer to Exercise 13.3 (Part 1)
Approaching the Question
The suggested answer contained in these pages is designed to illustrate how to answer Exercise 13.3 whilst also helping you to develop your problem answering skills.
- It is only an illustration. There is no one right way to answer any question.
- It is in note form – you need to develop and practice your own style of answering questions.
- It is easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information in a problem question like this, especially as the facts are not necessarily presented in the order in which you will need to use them. The important thing, especially if you encounter such feelings in an exam, is not to panic. If you know the legal rules and how they relate to each other then you have the tools that you need to answer the question successfully.
Before you go to the next page, make notes under the following headings:
- What issues are raised by these facts (what do the parties want to know)?
- What rules will you need to use to explore and address these issues?