The European Union on the webCompiled and maintained by John McCormick firstname.lastname@example.org
The key official EU web site, with links to the sites of all the major institutions and services.
- European Navigator
A web site containing information on the history, institutions, and activities of the EU.
Major EU institutions
Selected European Commission delegations
- Political Resources on the Net
Click on 'Europe' for individual states, and on 'European Union' for the EU. Contains links to European organizations, media sites, political parties, and EU institutions.
- CIA World Factbook
A web site containing a wealth of information on European culture, including images, maps, photos, texts, archival papers, and audiovisual resources.
Other key international organizations
- Council of Europe
- European Free Trade Association
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Western European Union
- European Movement
Founded in 1947 to promote a united, federal Europe.
- Union of European Federalists
Promotes public debate and interest in a federal Europe.
- TEAM: The European Alliance of EU-Critical Movements
Includes links to national Eurosceptic parties and movements
News about Europe
A multilingual European current affairs magazine that describes itself as 'providing a unique platform of expression for the 'eurogeneration', the first generation living Europe on a day-by-day basis thanks to the Erasmus study exchange programme'.
A web site with news on business and finance in Europe.
- European Voice
The independent weekly newspaper published by The Economist Group since 1995.
- The Parliament.com
A source of news on events in the major EU institutions, providing a forum for MEPs, European commissioners and representatives of national governments.
An independent web site focusing on policy developments in the EU.
A bimonthly analysis magazine created in 2002.
Founded in 2000 to support the debate on European affairs.
- University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES)
- European Union Studies Association (EUSA)
- European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR)
- Council for European Studies (CES)
- European University Institute
A unique graduate institution based on Florence that carries out research on European issues.
- Archive of European Integration
Contains official and independent research on the EU
- European Council on Foreign Relations
Created in 2007 with teh goal of promoting 'an awareness of the need for a more coherent and vigorous European foreign policy'.
- Centre for European Policy Studies
Brussels-based think tank that carries out and encourages research on EU policy and provides a forum for discussions among stakeholders in the European policy process.
- European Policy Centre
Brussels-based think-tank that provides information and analysis on the EU policy agenda.
- Trans-European Policy Studies Association
A network of leading research institutes in the field of European affairs, with headquarters in Brussels. It aims to provide high quality research on European integration in order to stimulate discussion on policies and political options for Europe.
- Swedish Institute for European Policy Studies
Stockholm-based body that conducts and promotes research on, and analysis of, European policy issues within the disciplines of political science, law and economics and trade.
- Comparative European Politics (Palgrave)
- European Journal of Political Research (Blackwell)
- European Political Science (Palgrave)
- European Union Politics (Sage)
- Journal of Common Market Studies (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Journal of Contemporary European Studies (Taylor and Francis)
- Journal of European Integration (Taylor and Francis)
- Journal of European Public Policy (Taylor and Francis)
- West European Politics (Taylor and Francis)