What is the Foundations Language Series?Foundations Languages are specifically for non-specialist language learners following institution-wide language programmes (IWLPs). Written by experienced IWLP practitioners, the series is aimed at beginners, post-beginners and intermediate students.
Complete tapescripts for lecturers are available free either by download from this site or on request from Lecturer Services or call +44 (0)1256 302794
Features of each course
- Designed to cover two terms and fit into the 20-24 week teaching year
Every unit has a self-study section for non-contact hours
- French 1, French 2, Italian 1 and Spanish 1 have 2 CDs included with the book (from May 08)
- A range of listening material with and without transcripts
- Units provide a range of exercises (individual, pair and group work)
- Each unit has a dedicated Partner Work section
- Written with the needs and interests of the HE student, including the growing numbers of international students, in mind – a move away from tourism based courses.
- All four language skills are emphasised throughout the course
- Grammar points are picked up through the units and explained in detail
- A minimum of English is used in the books