Chapter 7: Weapons of Mass Destruction
In order to play Pivotal decisions, PowerPoint must be in slideshow mode.
Test your understanding of this chapter by taking an interactive quiz.
Review the key terms of this chapter by studying these interactive flashcards. To navigate between terms, use the arrow buttons. To reveal the definition, use the button in between or simply click on the card.
Primary sources and further learning
- Read the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) on the United Nation’s website here.
- Read the full text of the Chemical Weapons Convention here.
- For the full text of the Biological Weapons Convention, click here.
- Read this piece about the 2011 Fukushima disaster, the worst nuclear accident since the Chernobyl disaster.
- Check out this thorough, day-by-day log of the JFK administration during the Cuban Missile Crisis, including numerous primary sources in different media.
Relevant news articles
- During the Syrian civil war, the international community worked together to eliminate the Syrian governments chemical weapons stockpile so chemical weapons could not be used on rebel forces. To read more about the destruction of those weapons, click here.
- To read piece from CSIS about the initial deal struck between Iran and world powers on Iran’s nuclear program, click here.