About this book
Mulhearn and Vane’s Economics for Business covers all the economics you need to know to get to grips with the world of business, drawing on examples from everyday life to explain key concepts and theory. Clear and insightful, it encourages critical thinking while it entertains with humorous references, satirical cartoons and thought-provoking questions.
This thoroughly updated new edition offers:
- A wider range of international examples and case studies, such as Singapore's ban on imported chewing gum and electric car subsidies in Norway
- New material on austerity, Marx, Schumpeter and Keynes’ views on capitalism and their relevance for economics today, as well as PEST and strategic analysis
- Everyday Economics - photos illustrating economic principles behind familiar objects and occurrences, such as duvet days, Christmas lights and canned tomatoes
- Economics at Work – video interviews with business managers talking about the relevance of economics to the real world of work
- Business Case Studies – examples of economics in practice in companies such as Pfizer and Tesco
- Think points – questions to encourage critical thinking.