What is the Personal Tutor?
The Personal Tutor guides you through hundreds of practice questions with instant feedback. It includes all the odd-numbered questions from the book, for you to work through in a step-by-step fashion with Hints and Fully worked solutions for support.
The Personal Tutor online
By launching this program, you agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT LAUNCH THIS PROGRAM.
The Personal Tutor download
The Personal Tutor to download for offline use
- Click on the link to download the file PalgraveEngineeringMathematics_PersonalTutor_v2-2.zip (8.5 MB) to your computer.
- Create a folder on your computer and extract the entire contents of the zip file into it (44 MB). Make sure that you extract the files with the 'preserve folder structure' option checked.
- Open the file PersonalTutor.htm in this folder in your favourite browser or double click on it in a file explorer.
- In Windows you can create a shortcut to this file by dragging it from Windows Explorer onto the task bar.
- This installation runs locally on your computer. You do not need to be connected to the internet to run the Engineering Mathematics Personal Tutor.
- The Engineering Mathematics Personal Tutor will run in most modern browsers.
- Some browsers and computer environments may require you to set explicit permissions to run the application from a file system.
- The Engineering Mathematics Personal Tutor does not create any other files or registry entries on your computer, nor does it install any plugins in your browser.
Deleting the folder in which you installed it will completely remove the application from your computer.
How do I view it?
Some versions of the book have a CD-ROM enclosed with it. If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or other recent browsers, you are advised to download the program from here rather than use the CD-ROM.
Some functionality not working with the CD-ROM?
Some new browsers do not allow full functionality when you use the CD-ROM. If this is the case, do not use the CD-ROM but download the same program, updated for the latest browsers including Internet Explorer 8, from here.
My book doesn’t have a CD-ROMFrom 2010 reprints of Engineering Mathematics do not have a CD-ROM. You can download the Personal Tutor for offline use here or use the online version here. We have stopped delivering the program via CD-ROM because learners are increasingly turning to the internet for delivery of programs and we can update the program as browser environments change, which is impossible on an already replicated CD-ROM.