The value chain framework has made its way to the forefront of management thought as a powerful analysis tool for strategic planning. Its ultimate goal is to maximize value creation while minimizing costs. In this book David Walters and Mark Rainbird apply the framework to strategic decision making in the field of operations management.
Table of contents
- New Economy: New Business Models: New Approaches
- The Consumer as the Principal Driver of Value
- Value in the Context of the Firm
- Practical Issues and Applications
- Perspectives on Resource Allocation in the New Economy
- Supply Chain and the Demand Chain
- Demand Chain Supply Chain = Value Chain
- Chain Structures & Participation
- The Value Chain: An Industry Perspective
- The Firm's Value Chain
- Performance Planning and Control
- Value Chain Applications
- Industry Value Drivers
MARK RAINBIRD is Managing Director of AWA Ltd, a computer service company operating Australia Wide.