Welcome to Palgrave Macmillan Business Insights!As part of Palgrave Macmillan's Social Science Matters initiative, our Business Insights campaign highlights original and authoritative research from some of the most renowned researchers, academics, and practitioners working within Economics, Finance, Business and Management.
Our Business Insights campaign recognises that we live in a world where business changes at a blink of the eye, from organizational structures to key innovations and global trends. Palgrave Macmillan authors have both academic expertise and practical experience, ensuring our titles offer readers the information they need to make better business decisions and understand topical issues.
What #BusinessInsights would you share?
Join the conversation #BusinessInsights
Manias, Panics, and Crashes 7th edition
This seventh edition of an investment classic has been thoroughly revised and expanded following the latest crises to hit international markets. Renowned economist Robert Z. Aliber introduces the concept that global financial crises in recent years are not independent events, but symptomatic of an inherent instability in the international system.
Palgrave author Robert Aliber recently spoke on World Finance and says 'The next global financial crisis is already underway'.
Robert Aliber tells us why Manias, Panics, and Crashes, now in its 7th edition, is still so relevant today.
Take our quiz below! See how much you know about the history of the global economy – are you a 'mania', 'panic' or 'crash'? Take the quiz
Find out MoreRead the Sample Chapter
- ISBE - Institute For Small Business Conference 2015
Wednesday November 11 to Thursday November 12
Join Palgrave Macmillan at the ISBE - Institute For Small Business Conference 2015! November 11th-12th Glasgow, Scotland
- DSA - Development Studies Association Conference 2015
University of Bath, Claverton Down Road, Bath, North East Somerset BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Monday September 7 to Tuesday September 8
Join Palgrave Macmillan at the DSA - Development Studies Association Conference 2015! September 7th-9th University of Bath, Claverton Down Road, Bath, North East Somerset BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
- EEA - European Economic Association Annual Congress 2015
University of Mannheim, 68131 Mannheim, Germany
Monday August 24 to Thursday August 27
Join Palgrave Macmillan at the EEA - European Economic Association Annual Congress 2015! August 24th-27th University of Mannheim, 68131 Mannheim, Germany
Our editors discuss the importance of scholarly research in Business, Economics, and Finance:
Business Insights from our authorsOur internationally respected authors speak about current events and issues in the world of business, management, economics, and finance, giving you context into what is dominating the headlines and potential solutions to these issues our world faces.
- The European Debt CrisisThe Public Wealth of Nations authors Dag Detter and Stefan Fölster discuss the increasing concerns over the EU dept
- The Economy and the EnvironmentMichael Rosenberg, author of Strategy and Sustainability, shows the direct correalation between the economy and its effects on the environment
- China and the Stock MarketMatthew Crabbe, author of Myth-Busting China's Numbers, uses statistics to look at China's recent stock market plunge
- Solving Management CrisesDon't want to get embroiled in a management rut? Jesse Sostrin, author of The Manager's Dilemma, has some advice
- The Importance of Scholarly Research in Business, Economics, and FinanceA series of blog articles with Palgrave Macmillan editors explain the importance of academic research in the Business, Economics, and Finance field