St. James's Place Tax Guide 2014-2015
Order your copy now at the special pre-publication price of just £21.99* by entering reference code WTAX2014e at the check out.
* Special price only available until 31st July 2014. Price thereafter: £34.99
The 43rd edition of the leading guide to taxation in Britain.
The annual St. James's Place Tax Guide is a reliable, comprehensive and user-friendly guide which explains in simple terms how the UK tax system works and how best to minimise tax liabilities. It is designed both for private individuals needing advice on self-assessment and tax saving, and for professionals needing to check the latest rules.
Now in its 43rd edition, this year's guide is fully updated to reflect the 2014-2015 tax system and the important changes announced for future years. Tax changes for the year are highlighted in the opening chapter, and updated tax-saving hints and tax tables in the closing chapters.
The St. James's Place Tax Guide 2014-2015 is ideal for:
- Professionals: independent financial advisors, accountants, lawyers, finance managers, pension advisors, tax consultants, bankers and anyone else needing to check the latest tax rules.
- General Reader: private individuals, the self-employed, those running small businesses, those completing self-assessment tax forms and anyone wishing to check they are not paying too much tax.
- Students: in Accountancy and Finance taking professional and undergraduate courses with papers on taxation
- Libraries: corporate, public and academic libraries, especially in the areas of Accountancy and Finance.
Review of Previous Editions*
The bestselling tax guide is back and it's as authoritative as ever...gives practical guidance on tax issues, which would benefit both students and professionals alike.-Accounting Technician
No other manual compares...the complete A-Z on Tax.-The Times
The best book ever written on taxation.-The Daily Telegraph
Acknowledged among consumers and professionals alike as the best book on the subject.-The Independent
Provides a complete guide to UK taxation...includes clear examples and explanations, tables and a glossary, with all items fully referenced and indexed for ease of use.'-Tax Journal
'*Including editions of the book prior to it being published as the St. James's Place Tax Guide
- This Year's Tax Changes
- The Basis of Your Tax Liability
- Personal Reliefs
- Annual Payments and Interest
- Computing Your Income Tax Bill
- Husband, Wife, Civil Partners and Children
- Income from Land and Property
- Income from Dividends and Interest
- Life Assurance
- Income from Employments and PAYE
- Income from Businesses and Professions
- Miscellaneous Aspects
- Returns, Assessments and Repayment Claims
- Domicile and Residence
- Tax on Foreign Income
- Non-residents, Visitors and Immigrants
- Capital Gains Tax
- The Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Inheritance Tax
- An Outline of VAT
- Stamp Duty
- Social Security
- Tax Saving Hints
- Tax Tables
WALTER SINCLAIR, FCA, has been a tax specialist for over 40 years. Having been a tax partner with two leading firms, he now acts independently. He has written many articles for specialist journals and the national press and is the author of various popular books on tax, including the St. James's Place Tax Guide since its first publication as the Hambro Tax Guide in 1972.
E BARRY LIPKIN, LlB FCA ATII TEP is a long-standing contributor to the St. James's Place Tax Guide. Now in independent practice, after many years as a tax consultancy partner at a leading national firm, his experience in tax, trusts and related fields embraces consultancy, litigation, executorship, writing and lecturing.