This practical guide presents fifty ways in which students can revitalise their approach to studying and boost their grades. Each of the fifty 'Ways' in this book is a starting point, offering suggestions of things to do and...Show More
This practical guide presents fifty ways in which students can revitalise their approach to studying and boost their grades. Each of the fifty 'Ways' in this book is a starting point, offering suggestions of things to do and think about, alongside opportunities to reflect on, choose and commit to new ideas and actions. It will help students to devise their own personal study strategy, achieve more in the time available to them and fine-tune their work so they get the best possible marks.
This handy book will support students of all levels in mapping their own route to success.
- Helps students to overcome obstacles and identify the strategies that will enable them to achieve higher grades
- Provides tips for making the most of tutors' feedback and achieving more in the time available
- Includes bite-sized activities, checklists and self-reflections throughout
- Signposts students to further resources related to each `Way'
How to Use This Book
Everyone is Capable of Great Grades
Can You Improve Without Working Harder?
Aspire, Hope, Act, Achieve
Where Are You Now?
Bring a Balanced Perspective
Worried About Your Grades Right Now?
Using Advice and Support Services
Habits Shaper: Track Your Good Intentions
My Progress So Far
List of 20+ Reasons for Improving My Grades
Where to Find Out More
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Critical Thinking Skills Stella Cottrell
- Getting Critical Kate Williams
- Reading and Making Notes Jeanne Godfrey
- Dissertations and Project Reports Stella Cottrell
- Writing for University Jeanne Godfrey
- Referencing and Understanding Plagiarism Kate Williams, Mary Davis
- The Study Skills Handbook Stella Cottrell
- How to Write Better Essays Bryan Greetham
- Brilliant Writing Tips for Students Julia Copus
- Time Management Kate Williams, Michelle Reid
- Report Writing Michelle Reid