This practical book will inspire and encourage students to shape new habits and make stress-management a natural part of their everyday routine. Each of the fifty 'Ways' in this book is a starting point, offering suggestions...Show More
This practical book will inspire and encourage students to shape new habits and make stress-management a natural part of their everyday routine. Each of the fifty 'Ways' in this book is a starting point, offering suggestions of things to do and think about, alongside opportunities to reflect on, choose and commit to new ideas and actions. It shows students how to recognise helpful and unhelpful stress, identify their stress triggers and develop coping mechanisms to ease and manage stress. Throughout, it encourages students to take charge of their wellbeing and strike a healthy study-life balance.
Packed with supportive guidance, this book will help students to stay on top of stress during their time at university.Show Less
- Empowers students to map out their own route to successful stress-management
- Suggests strategies for preventing and coping with stress as a student
- Contains hands-on activities, checklists and reflective tasks throughout
- Signposts students to additional useful resources related to each `Way'
How to Use This Book
What is Stress?
Why is Stress an Important Issue for Students?
Levels and Causes of Student Stress
Other Typical Causes of Stress
What Happens When We are Over-Stressed?
How People Experience Stress
Your Own Experience of Stress
Using Advice and Support Services
Habits Shaper: Track Your Good Intentions
My Progress So Far
List of 20+
Where to Find Out More
Bibliography and References
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Critical Thinking Skills Stella Cottrell
- Getting Critical Kate Williams
- Reading and Making Notes Jeanne Godfrey
- Dissertations and Project Reports Stella Cottrell
- Writing for University Jeanne Godfrey
- Referencing and Understanding Plagiarism Kate Williams, Mary Davis
- Skills for Success Stella Cottrell
- The Study Skills Handbook Stella Cottrell
- How to Write Better Essays Bryan Greetham
- Brilliant Writing Tips for Students Julia Copus
- Time Management Kate Williams, Michelle Reid