This friendly, accessible guide provides international students with fifty practical 'Ways' to help them make the most of their experience overseas. Each of the fifty 'Ways' in this book is a starting point, offering...Show More
This friendly, accessible guide provides international students with fifty practical 'Ways' to help them make the most of their experience overseas. Each of the fifty 'Ways' in this book is a starting point, offering suggestions of things to do and think about, alongside opportunities to reflect on, choose and commit to new ideas and actions. Spanning the whole international student journey, it will help students to recognise potential challenges, connect with other students and take action that will prepare them for life after their study abroad adventure.
This is an ideal resource for any student who wants to make the most of their time studying overseas.
Encourages students to explore different `Ways' of making the most of their experience as an international student
Contains practical activities, checklists and reflective tasks throughout
Signposts students to additional useful resources related to each `way'
Is written in a clear, accessible style, which makes it easy to understand for non-native speakers of English
About This Book
How to Use This Book
Shape New Habits and Ways of Thinking
The International Student Community
International Study: A Fantastic Opportunity
Prepare Ahead to Manage the Challenges
Different Country; Different Ways to Study
What International Students Say
Manage 'Culture Shock'
Using Advice and Support Services
50 Ways.- Habits Shaper
My Progress So Far
Where to Find Out More
References and Bibliography
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Critical Thinking Skills Stella Cottrell
- Getting Critical Kate Williams
- Reading and Making Notes Jeanne Godfrey
- Dissertations and Project Reports Stella Cottrell
- Writing for University Jeanne Godfrey
- Referencing and Understanding Plagiarism Kate Williams, Mary Davis
- The Study Skills Handbook Stella Cottrell
- How to Write Better Essays Bryan Greetham
- Brilliant Writing Tips for Students Julia Copus
- Time Management Kate Williams, Michelle Reid
- Report Writing Michelle Reid