This examination of transport economics brings alive economic theories for students, elucidating traditional concepts by applying them to a real world context. It examines the microeconomic concepts that underpin this sector...
This examination of transport economics brings alive economic theories for students, elucidating traditional concepts by applying them to a real world context. It examines the microeconomic concepts that underpin this sector and the implications for transport markets with real examples from across the EU.
Also available is a companion website with extra features to accompany the text, please take a look by clicking below -
Explains complicated economic theory in an accessible manner using European case studies which no other textbook offers
Is suitable for a range of transport economics courses?
Has a?clear student-friendly structure
Is unique in offering a historical setting to the issues raised in the book
Innovative application of theory to transport markets?
Foreword Professor Geoff Harcourt of Jesus College, The University of Cambridge
PART ONE: SETTING THE SCENE
The History of Transport
The Importance of Transport
PART TWO: THE THEORY OF MARKETS
The Demand for Transport
Markets, Costs and Revenues
Competition and Contestability
PART THREE: MARKET FAILURE
Public and Demerit Goods
Inequality and Asymmetric Goods
PART FOUR: POLICY
Privatisation and Deregulation
Project Appraisal Cost-Benefit Analysis
General Forms of Government Intervention
Tackling Traffic Congestion
PART FIVE: THE FUTURE.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Economic Methodology Marcel Boumans, John Davis
- An Introduction to Behavioral Economics Nick Wilkinson, Matthias Klaes
- Operations Management David Barnes
- Essential Operations Management Alex Hill, Terry Hill
- The Economics of Social Problems Sheila Smith, Julian Le Grand, Carol Propper
- Macroeconomics William Mitchell, L. Randall Wray, Martin Watts
- Global Strategic Management Philippe Lasserre
- Health Economics Jay Bhattacharya, Timothy Hyde, Peter Tu
- Practising Social Work Law Suzy Braye, Michael Preston-Shoot
- Applied Econometrics Dimitrios Asteriou, S. G. Hall
- Social Policy in Britain P. Alcock, Margaret May
- Applied International Trade Harry P. Bowen, Abraham Hollander, Jean Marie Viaene