Start-Up is ideal for anyone looking to start a business – whether you are a student or a professional preparing to launch your own business or social enterprise. It covers the crucial business processes you need to consider...Show More
Start-Up is ideal for anyone looking to start a business – whether you are a student or a professional preparing to launch your own business or social enterprise. It covers the crucial business processes you need to consider when starting a new venture, and contains inspirational and educational cases of successful start-ups by young people from across the globe, including the UK, the US, Hong Kong and Romania. Drawing on the author's extensive practical experience, this book is a unique and invaluable guide to the world of start-ups.
• Assumes no prior knowledge and covers essential finance skills.
• Firmly based in practice with detailed advice on carrying out market and industry research.
• Features an extensive range of international case studies and examples of start-ups.
This concise and lively book is the perfect resource for students and entrepreneurs alike.
Assumes no prior business knowledge and is pitched at a very introductory level
Very practical focus on starting a business
Doesn't neglect theory but covers only the essentials and refers readers to other resources and publications
Includes case studies featuring startups launched by fellow students
Integrated coverage of social enterprise themes, and where they differ from forprofit startups
Very competitive price
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Paul Burns
- The Theory and Practice of Change Management John Hayes
- Human Resource Management, 6th edition John Bratton, Jeff Gold
- Simulation Stewart Robinson
- People, Management and Organizations Anna Sutton
- Quantitative Methods Louise Swift, Sally Piff
- New Venture Creation Paul Burns
- An Introduction to Information Systems David Whiteley
- Operations Management David Barnes
- Essential Operations Management Alex Hill, Terry Hill
- Business Strategy David Edgar, George Stonehouse
- Management and Organization Stephen Linstead, Liz Fulop, Simon Lilley