A lively and popular textbook teaching Spanish to post-beginners working in a classroom setting. A diverse range of dialogues, and reading passages deliver new material which is carefully practised in a wide variety of...Show More
A lively and popular textbook teaching Spanish to post-beginners working in a classroom setting. A diverse range of dialogues, and reading passages deliver new material which is carefully practised in a wide variety of imaginative exercises, both individually and in pair- and groupwork, and backed up by structured grammatical underpinning and exercises. A substantial self-study section offers practice material for homework and revision, and for extension purposes. All the audio is available free-to-access as MP3 files online.
Foundations Languages courses are tailor-made for undergraduates and other students on Institution-wide Languages Programmes (IWLPs), languages options and electives, ab initio and minor routes in languages, and open learning programmes at universities and in Adult Education. Foundations Spanish 2 is ideal for students with some basic GCSE or other beginner’s knowledge. It can be used as a successor to Foundations Spanish 1, or following any similar beginner’s course.Show Less
- 10 units flexibly designed to fit the teaching year
- Scripted and unscripted dialogues to provide a diverse range of audio material
- Integrated pair- and groupwork activities throughout the book
- Comprehensive self-study section for non-contact hours
- Grammar and vocabulary sections within each unit as well as in a reference section
- Extension work in reading and listening to provide a more demanding challenge for those students needing it
Learning a Language
¿Qué te pasa?
Recuerdos del pasado
¡Qué tiempos aquellos!
¡Si es urgente, pide cita!
Quiero que me digas la verdad
¿Te gustaría salir conmigo?
Me gustaría trabajar aquí
Me alegro de que hayas venido
Si cuidáramos nuestro mundo...
Punto y final (revisión)
Lista de terminos gramaticales
Tabla de contenidos
- MP3 files and digital licences are available for institutions to allow upload to VLEs see the companion website for details
- Audio transcript available online
Click through to the companion website using the link above under Further Actions.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Syntactic Theory Geoffrey Poole
- Foundations Italian 1 Mara Benetti, Carmela Murtas, Caterina Varchetta
- English Language Jonathan Culpeper, Paul Kerswill, Ruth Wodak, Anthony McEnery, Francis Katamba
- Chaucer's Language Simon Horobin
- English Syntax and Argumentation Bas Aarts
- Language in Business, Language at Work Erika Darics, Veronika Koller
- Dialect in Film and Literature Jane Hodson
- The Frameworks of English Kim Ballard
- Mastering Chinese Catherine Hua Xiang
- Analysing Political Speeches Jonathan Charteris-Black
- Foundations Spanish 1 Maria del Carmen Gil Ortega, Cathy Holden
- Beginning Old English Carole Hough, John Corbett