This major new text assesses the persistence of nationalism in a globalizing world and analyses the current nature and future prospects of this multi-faceted and evolving ideology.Show More
This major new text assesses the persistence of nationalism in a globalizing world and analyses the current nature and future prospects of this multi-faceted and evolving ideology.Show Less
- International coverage, with examples from five continents?
- Examines nationalism within the wider context of globalization, regionalization and migration?
- Thoroughly up-to-date assessment of the challenges facing nationalism in the twenty-first century
Why the Nation? Theories of Nationalism
Who Belongs to the Nation? From Patriotism to Terrorism
What Kind of Nation? Communist, Democratic, Multicultural?
Whither the Stateless Nation? Integrating Sub-state Nationalism
Where is the 'nation-state'? Managing Citizenship and Migration
What Now for the Nation? Responding to Regionalization and Globalization
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Bureaucracy Martin Albrow
- Nationalism in the Twenty-First Century Claire Sutherland
- An Introduction to Modern Political Theory Norman Barry
- State in Modern Society Roger King
- An Introduction to Modern Social and Political Thought Andrew Gamble
- Justice T. Campbell
- The Politics and IR Companion Robert Leach, Simon Lightfoot
- Theories of the Democratic State . ., Patrick Dunleavy
- Rights Peter Jones
- Deliberative Democracy Zsuzsanna Chappell
- International Political Theory A. Lang
- The Politics Companion Robert Leach