Obsessive compulsive disorder is a disabling and distressing mental health problem. This accessible introduction examines OCD's causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, and is richly illustrated with case studies, making...Show More
Obsessive compulsive disorder is a disabling and distressing mental health problem. This accessible introduction examines OCD's causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, and is richly illustrated with case studies, making it engaging reading for anyone wishing to understand this complex mental health problem.Show Less
A friendly, easy-to-navigate book that guides students through the topic?
The series editors have a wealth of experience writing for Alevel and higher education markets
Bestselling lead author, Graham Davey
SECTION I: WHAT IS OCD?
1. OCD: Symptoms and Diagnosis
2. OCD: Prevalence and Epidemiology
3. OCD Related Mental Health Problems SECTION
II: WHAT CAUSES OCD?
4. Cognitive Factors
5. Behavioural, Psychodynamic and Social Factors
6. Biological Models of OCDSECTION
III: HOW DO WE TREAT OCD?
7. Psychological Treatments
8. Biological and Pharmacological Treatments.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Issues, Debates and Approaches in Psychology Ian Fairholm
- Emotion Science Elaine Fox
- Psychology, Mental Health and Distress John Cromby, Dave Harper, Paula Reavey
- Attachment Across the Lifecourse David Howe
- Psychology of Addictive Behaviour Antony C. Moss, Kyle R. Dyer
- Health Psychology Karen Rodham
- Serious Stat Thom Baguley
- Schizophrenia Kevin Silber
- Research Methods and Statistics Ian Walker
- Meaning in Life Joel Vos
- Models of Mental Health Gavin Davidson, Jim Campbell, Ciarán Shannon, Ciaran Mulholland
- Critical Statistics Robert de Vries