This vital resource will steer you through the hugely competitive industry of stage, film and TV acting, offering wise advice on everything from writing an eye-catching résumé to finding an agent. It will give you a clear...Show More
This vital resource will steer you through the hugely competitive industry of stage, film and TV acting, offering wise advice on everything from writing an eye-catching résumé to finding an agent. It will give you a clear understanding of how acting careers are built and sustained, and how actors must position themselves in an environment overseen by directors, agents, casting directors and acting unions. Praised for its honest and critical understanding of the industry, the text has retained its status as the leading book in its field since the first edition published in 1972.
Acclaimed industry professional authors Robert Cohen and James Calleri offer vast insight and experience as professors, directors, playwrights and casting directors, making the text essential reading for all students and lecturers of Acting at universities, drama schools and conservatories, as well as anyone interested in pursuing and developing their career in acting. Show Less
- Addresses a wide range of contexts, including acting in New York and Hollywood, as well as in regional theatre
- Filled with practical advice and pitfalls to avoid, as well as asides from the authors, whose wealth of experience in all aspects of the industry lifts the curtain to reveal its secrets
- Has been thoroughly updated to cover current practices and the latest developments in a trend-driven, ever-changing industry
- Includes advice on new ways for actors to keep their profiles up and active using Social Media
- Covers the impact of on-demand Internet streaming media and the rise in Skype and video chat auditions
2. What you Will Need
3. Your First Decisions
4. Establishing Yourself
5. The Casting Room
6. Other Opportunities.