This book covers the whole range of marketing principles, skills and knowledge that the modern construction manager - from whatever discipline or profession within the industry - requires to generate effective and profitable...Show More
This book covers the whole range of marketing principles, skills and knowledge that the modern construction manager - from whatever discipline or profession within the industry - requires to generate effective and profitable business. While aimed primarily at students in the later years of degree, diploma and professional courses, it will also appeal to students in related disciplines and those following postgraduate and post-qualification courses.
The approach underlines the importance of adopting a proactive attitude towards the marketing of a company's services in the construction industry. It reflects the reality of the transformation that has taken place over the past twenty years where there has been a shift from a highly protected domestic industry to an unprotected global industry.
The already huge and increasing pool of expertise in the field means that there is much greater choice available to clients and and potential clients. The choice of contractor is therefore going to be made increasingly on the basis of factors other than pure expertise. Therein lies the importance of marketing. Factors such as price, quality, value, volume, time, client satisfaction and confidence all come into play - and these are presented and differentiated through marketing.
The book covers all the principles of marketing, including strategy, marketing campaigns, product and service, price, promotion, access and research. It also deals with client perceptions, confidence, expectations and understanding. The critical question of operating in a fully globalised industry is also addressed.
Focuses on the principles of successful marketing
Shows how the application of these principles can produce a successful marketing strategy
Covers a comprehensive range of topics
Customers, Consumers and Clients
Conclusion: the Future of Marketing in the Construction Industry
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Surveying for Engineers John Uren, Bill Price
- Construction Technology 1: House Construction Mike Riley, Alison Cotgrave
- Engineering Mathematics Through Applications Kuldeep Singh
- Understanding Structures Derek Seward
- Environmental Science in Building Randall McMullan
- Structural Mechanics: Worked Examples R. Hulse, Jack Cain
- Reinforced Concrete Design W.H. Mosley, R. Hulse, J.H Bungey
- Construction Contract Law John Adriaanse
- Race Car Design Derek Seward
- Construction Technology 2: Industrial and Commercial Building Mike Riley, Alison Cotgrave
- Soil Mechanics G.E. Barnes
- Seeley and Winfield's Building Quantities Explained: Irish Edition Ivor H. Seeley, Alan V. Hore, Maria O'Kelly, Roger Winfield, Rita Scully