This fully revised third edition provides a wide-ranging introduction to political, economic and social life across the whole continent. Ideal for students new to the subject, this popular text stimulates fresh thinking on...Show More
This fully revised third edition provides a wide-ranging introduction to political, economic and social life across the whole continent. Ideal for students new to the subject, this popular text stimulates fresh thinking on issues and debates.Show Less
- A comprehensively revised and updated new edition of a market leading text?
- Extremely readable and engaging?
- Very popular with lecturers and students alike?
- Full coverage of the whole continent from the Atlantic to the Urals?
- Authoritative chapters by leading experts
Introduction: The Many Dimensions of Europe
Towards One Europe?
The European Union: The Challenge of Success
Government and Politics
Political Participation in Europe
The European Economy
Regions and Regional Politics in Europe
The Cultural Dimension
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Game Theory Jose Luis Ferreira
- Cases in Comparative Government and Politics John McCormick
- Understanding Public Leadership Paul 't Hart, Lars Tummers
- Public Finance Public Policy Jonathan Gruber
- History of Western Political Thought John Morrow
- Conflict, Security and Justice Eleanor Gordon
- Childhood and Society Michael Wyness
- Ways of Knowing Jonathon W. Moses, Torbjørn L. Knutsen
- Politics Andrew Heywood
- International Organization Volker Rittberger, Bernhard Zangl, Andreas Kruck, Hylke Dijkstra
- Rethinking Global Governance Mark Beeson
- Comparative Government and Politics John McCormick, Rod Hague, Martin Harrop
- Governance and Politics of China Tony Saich
- Global Political Economy Robert O'Brien, Marc Williams
- Developments in European Politics 2 Erik Jones, Paul M. Heywood, Martin Rhodes, Ulrich Sedelmeier
- Contemporary Europe Richard Sakwa, Anne Stevens
- Developments in French Politics 5 Alistair Cole, Sophie Meunier, Vincent Tiberj
- Contemporary Ireland Eoin O'Malley
- Government and Politics of Italy Robert Leonardi
- The Government and Politics of Spain Paul M. Heywood
- Contemporary France Helen Drake
- Government and Politics of France Anne Stevens
- The Politics of Belgium Kris Deschouwer
- Developments in Central and East European Politics 5 Stephen White, Judy Batt