This major new text provides an original and comprehensive assessment of key contemporary trends in democratic politics and governance across major established democracies of the world.Show More
This major new text provides an original and comprehensive assessment of key contemporary trends in democratic politics and governance across major established democracies of the world.Show Less
- The first text in the field to draw together such a broad range of theoretical literature on democratic theory and practice?
- Written by a leading figure in the field?
- The book examines the key transformations in democracies (the crisis of parties, the internationalizations of policy making, the marginalization of parliamentary institutions) and identifies the connections between these trends
1. Party Democracy Challenged
2. Mediatization and Audience Democracy
3. Internationalization, Europeanization and Multi-Level Governance
4. Collaborative Governance and Cooperative Policy-Making
5. Empowering the Citizen or the Customer?
6. Limits to Majority Rule: Agentification and Judicialization
7. The Winter of Democracy?.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Elections and Voters Martin Harrop, William L. Miller
- Ecology And The Politics Of Scarcity Revisited
- Theory and Methods in Political Science Vivien Lowndes, David Marsh, Gerry Stoker
- Democratization Jean Grugel, Matthew Louis Bishop
- Strategies for Comparative Research in Political Science B. Guy Peters
- Why Politics Matters Gerry Stoker
- Electoral Systems David Farrell
- Political Leadership in Liberal Democracies Robert Elgie
- The Politics of Inequality Carsten Jensen, C. J. van Kersbergen
- The Nature and Development of the Modern State Graeme Gill
- Elections and Voters Cees Van der Eijk, Mark N. Franklin
- Social Policy for Social Change Barbara Fawcett, Barbara Fawcett