The spread of the Internet into all areas of business activities has put a particular focus on business models. The digitalization of business processes is the driver of changes in company strategies and management practices...Show More
The spread of the Internet into all areas of business activities has put a particular focus on business models. The digitalization of business processes is the driver of changes in company strategies and management practices alike. This textbook provides a structured and conceptual approach, allowing students and other readers to understand the commonalities and specifics of the respective business models.
The book begins with an overview of the business model concept in general by presenting the development of business models, analyzing definitions of business models and discussing the significance of the success of business model management. In turn, Chapter 2 offers insights into and explanations of the business model concept and provides the underlying approaches and ideas behind business models. Building on these foundations, Chapter 3 outlines the fundamental aspects of the digital economy.
In the following chapters the book examines various core models in the business to consumer (B2C) context. The chapters follow a 4-C approach that divides the digital B2C businesses into models focusing on content, commerce, context and connection. Each chapter describes one of the four models and provides information on the respective business model types, the value chain, core assets and competencies as well as a case study. Based on the example of Google, Chapter 8 merges these approaches and describes the development of a hybrid digital business model.
Chapter 9 is dedicated to business-to-business (B2B) digital business models. It shows how companies focus on business solutions such as online provision of sourcing, sales, supportive collaboration and broker services. Chapter 10 shares insight into the innovation aspect of digital business models, presenting structures and processes of digital business model innovation. The book is rounded out by a comprehensive case study on Google/Alphabet that combines all aspects of digital business models.
Conceived as a textbook for students in advanced undergraduate courses, the book will also be useful for professionals and practitioners involved in business model innovation, and applied researchers.Show Less
Provides a comprehensive and detailed introduction to business model concepts in the digital world
The Business Model Concept
B2C Digital Business Models: Content
B2C Digital Business Models:Context
B2C digital Business Models: Connection
Hybrid Digital Business Models
B2B Digital Business Models
Digital Business Model Innovation
Google/Alphabet Case Study.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Business Analytics Richard Vidgen, Samuel N. Kirshner, Felix Tan
- Concise Computer Vision Reinhard Klette
- Introduction to Logic Circuits & Logic Design with Verilog Brock J. LaMeres
- The Handbook of Technical Writing Gerald J. Alred, Walter E. Oliu, Charles T. Brusaw
- Essentials of Business Analytics Bhimasankaram Pochiraju, Sridhar Seshadri
- Digital Business Models Bernd W. Wirtz
- Introduction to Logic Circuits & Logic Design with VHDL Brock J. LaMeres
- Quick Start Guide to Verilog Brock J. LaMeres
- Qualitative Consumer and Marketing Research Krittinee Nuttavuthisit
- Fundamentals of Computer Architecture and Design Ahmet Bindal
- Diversity in Organizations Heike Mensi-Klarbach, Annette Risberg
- Java in Two Semesters Quentin Charatan, Aaron Kans
- Digital Business Models Bernd W. Wirtz
- Understanding Enterprise Simon Bridge, Ken O'Neill
- Effective Entrepreneurial Management Robert D. Hisrich, Veland Ramadani
- Operations Management David Barnes
- Global Business Strategy Kazuyuki Motohashi
- Managing People in Organizations Thomas Klikauer
- Strategic Human Resource Management and Employment Relations Ashish Malik
- Business Project Management and Marketing Michael Kleinaltenkamp, Wulff Plinke, Ingmar Geiger
- Discovering Business Concepts Simon Smith, Tony Bithell
- Work Out Operational Research T A Burley, G O'Sullivan
- eBusiness Paul Beynon-Davies
- E-Business Jennifer Rowley