This is an engaging and accessible introduction to social work that encourages students to reflect upon their learning and apply it to practice. Drawing direct links from key professional standards, Exploring and Locating...Show More
This is an engaging and accessible introduction to social work that encourages students to reflect upon their learning and apply it to practice. Drawing direct links from key professional standards, Exploring and Locating Social Work is an indispensable guide to contemporary practice.
This text takes an exploratory position for social work learning, situating, positioning and preparing the reader for their educational and professional journey within social work.
Enriched with reflective exercises, case studies and key concepts
Examines, explores and embeds academic learning alongside the Knowledge & Skills Framework (KSFW), and the Health, and Care Professions Council's Standards of Proficiencies (SOP) for Social Work.
The historical development of social work: making links from the past to the present
The contemporary role of social work: working with communities and complexity
Preparing for social work practice: Models of intervention for social work practice
Working with diversity: understanding and locating individuals and communities
Global social work: locating and understanding the impact of globalisation on social work
Preparing for practice: from first placement to final placement.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Exploring and Locating Social Work Darren Hill, Lorraine Agu, David Mercer
- Safeguarding Adults Alison Brammer
- Social Work with Adults Martin Davies
- Empowerment in Action Audrey Mullender, Dave Ward, Jennie Fleming
- Engaging Communities and Service Users Billie Oliver, Bob Pitt
- Communities and Caring Marjorie Mayo
- Comparative Housing Policy John Doling
- The Body in Health and Social Care Julia Twigg
- Safeguarding Adults Gillian MacIntyre, Ailsa Stewart, Pearse McCusker
- Safeguarding Adults and Children Georgina Koubel
- Social and Community Development John Eversley
- Community Development, Social Action and Social Planning Alan Twelvetrees