Pre-registration nursing students are required to spend 50% of their course time on placement. This new practical guide is designed to support them through what will be one of the most rewarding but challenging parts of...Show More
Pre-registration nursing students are required to spend 50% of their course time on placement. This new practical guide is designed to support them through what will be one of the most rewarding but challenging parts of their course.
Mapped closely to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards, each chapter is packed full of helpful features, including:
- Reflective activities to help develop professional skills
- Real-life stories and advice from current students so readers can apply what they have learnt to their everyday practice
- Concise chapter summaries to help consolidate learning and track progress.
Written in a friendly and accessible style by two authors with a wealth of teaching and nursing experience, this is an essential guide for pre-registration nurses to help them get the absolute most out of their time in a clinical setting.
Reflective activities to help develop professional skills
Real-life stories and advice from current students, to help apply learning to everyday practice
Concise chapter summaries to help consolidate learning and track your progress
Maps closely to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards
List of figures, tables, boxes
Chapter 1 - Why?
Chapter 2 - Where?
Chapter 3 - How?
Chapter 4 - What?
Chapter 5 - Who?
Chapter 6 - When?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Knowing the Self Yusmarhaini Yusof
- Madness: A Biography Paul Fallon
- History of the Body Willemijn Ruberg
- Ethics, Law and Health Care Fiona McDonald, Shih-Ning Then
- Health Care and Indigenous Australians Kerry Taylor, Pauline Thompson Guerin
- Working with People with Learning Disabilities Victoria Jones, Mark Haydon-Laurelut
- Working with People Affected by Eating Disorders Jean Morrissey, Kielty Oberlin
- Public Health Glenn Laverack
- Writing for Nursing and Midwifery Students Julio Gimenez
- Ethics From the Ground Up Julie Wintrup, Hazel Biggs, Tula Brannelly, Angela Fenwick, Roger Ingham
- Medical History Ian Miller
- Health Informatics on FHIR: How HL7's New API is Transforming Healthcare Mark L. Braunstein
- Learning in Practice for Nursing Students Jessica Mills, Darren Brand
- Health Studies Jennie Naidoo, Jane Wills
- Midwifery Practice Jo Alexander, Valerie Levy, Sarah Roch
- Midwifery Practice Jo Alexander, Valerie Levy, Carolyn Roth
- Reablement Services in Health and Social Care Valerie Ebrahimi, Hazel Chapman
- Interpersonal Relations in Nursing Hildegard E Peplau
- Nursing Research in Action Philip Burnard, Paul Morrison, Heather Gluyas
- Researching Older People's Nursing Christine Smith
- The Politics of Change in the Health Service Brian Salter
- Research Issues in Community Nursing Jean McIntosh
- Nursing Research in Context Dawn Freshwater, Veronica Bishop
- Nursing Research Kader Parahoo