Now updated, this edition provides a guide to the world of media. It offers advice on career opportunities, educational qualifications required, training provision, the National Vocational Qualification system and the new...Show More
Now updated, this edition provides a guide to the world of media. It offers advice on career opportunities, educational qualifications required, training provision, the National Vocational Qualification system and the new technical developments affecting employment.Show Less
Part 1 The Industry: Terestrial Television The Onward March Of The Market
Film Will Everyone Be Working For Uncle Sam?
Broadening The Landscape Video, Satellite And Cable
Digitization, Multi-Media And Convergence What Does It All Mean? Part 2 Education And Training: The Training Vacuum
Media Diplomas And Degrees Are They Any Use?
The Brave New World Of Vocational Training
Training Options In The Broadcast, Film And Video Industry
Getting In And Other Problems. Part 3 Production What's It All About: So You Want To Be In Film Or Television?
The Stages Of Production. Part 4 The Jobs: The Production Team
The Technical Team
Researchers, Journalists And Writers
Editing And Engineering
Performers The Talent
Sales And Marketing. Postscript: Archiving And Film Research. Appendix: Applying For A Course Or A Job.
- TV in Greater China Joseph Man Chan
- Tony Leung Chiu-Wai Mark Gallagher
- Acting in British Television Tom Cantrell, Christopher Hogg
- Transnational Cinema Steven Rawle
- Lights, Camera, Action: Working in Film, Television and Video Jo Langham
- Hollywood Spectatorship: Changing Perceptions of Cinema Audiences Melvyn Stokes, Richard Maltby
- Quality Popular Television: Cult TV, the Industry and Fans James Lyons
- The Place of the Audience: Cultural Geographies of Film Consumption Lucy Faire, Sarah Stubbings
- European Film Industries Anne Jackel
- The Hollywood Studio System: A History
- Global Hollywood 2 Toby Miller, Nitin Govil, John McMurria, Richard Maxwell, Ting Wang
- Hollywood Abroad: Audiences and Cultural Exchange Melvyn Stokes, Richard Maltby