When it comes to explaining fundamental economic principles by drawing on current economic issues and events, there is no one more effective than Nobel laureate and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman and co-author, Robin...Show More
When it comes to explaining fundamental economic principles by drawing on current economic issues and events, there is no one more effective than Nobel laureate and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman and co-author, Robin Wells. In this best-selling introductory textbook, Krugman and Wells’ signature storytelling style and uncanny eye for revealing examples help readers understand how economic concepts play out in our world.
Macroeconomics 5e provides unparalleled coverage of current topics, including sustainability, the economic impact of technology and pressing policy debates. A commitment to broadening students’ understanding of the global economy; a global focus is woven throughout with more on the ascendance of China’s economy, the Euro and events in Europe (including Brexit), and post-recession economies around the globe.Show Less
Revised and enhanced throughout, the fifth edition is complemented by Sapling Plus, an integrated learning system bringing together all of the book´s digital learning tools and resources. Featuring online homework, Sapling Plus is designed to support students and instructors at each stage in the learning path, from pre-class to in-class and post-class.
- Updated graphs and changes in every chapter including new chapter-opening stories, new business cases, and new Economics in Action Applications.
- New Discovering Data activities help students develop data literacy through interpreting, analyzing, sharing, and reporting on data.
- A new online feature, News Analysis pairs journalistic perspectives on pressing issues with questions based on Bloom´s taxonomy.
Part 2: Supply and Demand
Part 3: Introduction to Macroeconomics
Part 4: Long-Run Economic Growth
Part 5 Short-Run Economic Fluctuations
Part 6 Stabilization Policy
Part 7 Events and Ideas
Part 15 The Open Economy
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- LaunchPad for Macroeconomics (Six-Month Access) Robin Wells, Paul Krugman
- Macroeconomics in Modules Robin Wells, Paul Krugman
- Macroeconomics Peter Dorman
- Financial Economics Thorsten Hens, Marc Oliver Rieger
- Economic Growth and Development Sibabrata Das, Alex Mourmouras, Peter C. Rangazas
- Monetary Economics Keith Bain, Peter Howells
- Macroeconomics Nils Gottfries
- Macroeconomics Eric J. Pentecost
- European Macroeconomics Robert J. Barro, Vittorio Grilli
- International Macroeconomics Emmanouel Pikoulakis
- International Macroeconomics Rob Feenstra, Alan Taylor
- Macroeconomics N. Gregory Mankiw