The third edition of this textbook has been thoroughly revised to meet the needs of today's social work students, professionals and service managers. It illustrates current legislation, policy, procedure and concerns, with...Show More
The third edition of this textbook has been thoroughly revised to meet the needs of today's social work students, professionals and service managers. It illustrates current legislation, policy, procedure and concerns, with additional material included to develop readers' confidence and skills in the context of learning organisations.
This book is essential reading for students and practitioners alike, particularly those who need to understand organisation and management theory for study purposes and those who aspire to move into social work management or have been recent promoted.
Why Study Management?
Management Theory and Organisational Structures
Cultural Change and Quality Standards
Management as Vision, Strategy and Leadership, or Management of Uncertainty?
Matching People and Jobs
The Human Resource: Meeting the Needs of Staff
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Compassion in Nursing Alistair Hewison, Yvonne Sawbridge
- Writing for Nursing and Midwifery Students Julio Gimenez
- Nursing Research Kader Parahoo
- Nursing the Acutely Ill Adult David Clarke, Alison Ketchell
- Learning in Practice for Nursing Students Jessica Mills, Darren Brand
- From Public Health to Wellbeing Paul Walker, Marie John
- Working with People Affected by Eating Disorders Jean Morrissey, Kielty Oberlin
- The Emotionally Intelligent Social Worker David Howe
- Reablement Services in Health and Social Care Valerie Ebrahimi, Hazel Chapman
- Interprofessional Working in Health and Social Care Judith Thomas, Katherine Pollard, Derek Sellman
- Working with People with Learning Disabilities Victoria Jones, Mark Haydon-Laurelut
- Health Studies Jennie Naidoo, Jane Wills