Engaging and provocative writing, as well as a knack for revealing the 'invisible hand' of economics at work has made Tyler Cowen and Alex Tabarrok’s text a singularly distinctive and effective text for principles modules....Show More
Engaging and provocative writing, as well as a knack for revealing the 'invisible hand' of economics at work has made Tyler Cowen and Alex Tabarrok’s text a singularly distinctive and effective text for principles modules.
Modern Principles of Economics places an emphasis throughout on the power of incentives which underscores how economics helps us understand why we do what we do (in other words, the decisions we make in the face of incentives in the real world).
The new edition retains its progressive approach to economic modelling and applications which allows for a more realistic interpretation of today’s world events. Mirroring the authors’ successful blog, the text eschews boxed features to focus on the writing behind compelling examples, key concepts, and applications.Show Less
Revised and enhanced throughout, the fifth edition is complemented by Sapling Plus, an integrated learning system bringing together all of the book´s digital learning tools and resources. Featuring online homework, Sapling Plus is designed to support students and instructors at each stage in the learning path, from pre-class to in-class and post-class.
- Over 150 videos featuring the authors themselves are organized into three types that target different course problems:
- Pre-class engagement videos help foster student engagement while emphasizing key concepts and connections.
- Lecture videos explore concepts in-depth. These support distance education courses, help students with self-study, and can be used by instructors in flipped-classroom settings.
- "Office Hours" videos show worked problems and address student misconceptions.
Part 1: Supply and Demand
Part 2: The Price System
Part 3: Firms and Factor Markets
Part 4: Government
Part 5: Decision Making for Businesses, Investors, and Consumers
Part 6: Economic Growth
Part 7: Business Fluctuations
Part 8: Macroeconomic Policy and Institutions
Part 9: International Economics.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Modern Principles of Macroeconomics Tyler Cowen, Alex Tabarrok
- Modern Principles of Microeconomics Tyler Cowen, Alex Tabarrok
- Operations Management David Barnes
- Modern Principles of Economics Tyler Cowen, Alex Tabarrok
- Economics Paul Krugman, Robin Wells
- Essential Operations Management Alex Hill, Terry Hill
- Microeconomics Austan Goolsbee, Steven Levitt, Chad Syverson, Eric Chiang
- Strive for 5 Melanie Fox
- Teacher's Edition of Economics for AP* Margaret Ray, David A. Anderson
- The Economics Companion Graham Mallard
- Transport Economics Graham Mallard, Stephen Glaister
- Modern Economics Jack Harvey, Ernie Jowsey
- The Economic Question Andrew Leake
- Introductory Economics Course Companion Barry Harrison
- Essential Readings in Economics Saul Estrin, Alan Marin
- Economics S.F. Goodman
- Mastering Economics Jack Harvey
- Essential Economics Ken Ferguson