This major international text introduces the key themes, issues and theoretical approaches in the field. A central concern is to put the politics back into the study of communication by posing key critical questions about...Show More
This major international text introduces the key themes, issues and theoretical approaches in the field. A central concern is to put the politics back into the study of communication by posing key critical questions about power and ideology: what is being communicated, by whom, how, in whose interests, and with what effects and implications?Show Less
- This text gives a critical reflection on the field and nature of political communication
- It endeavours to restore politics to the debate by asking political questions about political communication
- Written by a prolific author who is an expert in the field?
1. What is political about political communication?
2. Why does political communication matter?
3. Who are the audience/s?
4. How do governments and politicians communicate?
5. How is news communicated politically?
6. How is politics communicated beyond the news?
7. How is politics communicated beyond the nation state?
8. How do citizens communicate politically?
Conclusion: Politics and Power.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Policies and Policy Processes of the European Union Laurie Buonanno, Neill Nugent
- European Union Politics John McCormick
- Public Policy Christoph Knill, Jale Tosun
- Migration and Mobility in the European Union Andrew Geddes, Leila Hadj-Abdou, Leiza Brumat
- The Political Economy of Work in the Global South Anita Hammer, Adam Fishwick
- Global Political Economy Robert O'Brien, Marc Williams
- Social Movements in a Globalized World Cristina Flesher Fominaya
- Crime, Security and Global Politics Anja P. Jakobi
- Global Justice James Christensen
- International Relations of East Asia Xiaoming Huang
- Understanding Public Policy Paul Cairney
- The Age of Migration Hein de Haas, Stephen Castles, Mark J. Miller
- Politics and the Media in Britain Raymond Kuhn
- Analyzing Foreign Policy Derek Beach, Rasmus Brun Pedersen
- The Media at War Susan L. Carruthers
- Political Communication Heather Savigny
- Mass Media, Politics and Democracy John Street
- Social Worker Starter Pack
- Bureaucracy Martin Albrow
- Elections and Voters Martin Harrop, William L. Miller
- Women and Politics Vicky Randall
- The State, Democracy and Globalization Roger King, Gavin Kendall
- Governance, Politics and the State Jon Pierre, B Guy Peters
- The European Union and China Thomas Christiansen, Emil Kirchner, Uwe Wissenbach