This major international text introduces the key themes, issues and theoretical approaches in the field. A central concern is to put the politics back into the study of communication by posing key critical questions about...Show More
This major international text introduces the key themes, issues and theoretical approaches in the field. A central concern is to put the politics back into the study of communication by posing key critical questions about power and ideology: what is being communicated, by whom, how, in whose interests, and with what effects and implications?Show Less
- This text gives a critical reflection on the field and nature of political communication
- It endeavours to restore politics to the debate by asking political questions about political communication
- Written by a prolific author who is an expert in the field?
1. What is political about political communication?
2. Why does political communication matter?
3. Who are the audience/s?
4. How do governments and politicians communicate?
5. How is news communicated politically?
6. How is politics communicated beyond the news?
7. How is politics communicated beyond the nation state?
8. How do citizens communicate politically?
Conclusion: Politics and Power.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Cases in Comparative Government and Politics John McCormick
- Understanding Public Leadership Paul 't Hart, Lars Tummers
- Public Finance Public Policy Jonathan Gruber
- History of Western Political Thought John Morrow
- Conflict, Security and Justice Eleanor Gordon
- Childhood and Society Michael Wyness
- Ways of Knowing Jonathon W. Moses, Torbjørn L. Knutsen
- Politics Andrew Heywood
- International Organization Volker Rittberger, Bernhard Zangl, Andreas Kruck, Hylke Dijkstra
- Rethinking Global Governance Mark Beeson
- Comparative Government and Politics John McCormick, Rod Hague, Martin Harrop
- Contemporary China Kerry Brown
- Governance and Politics of China Tony Saich
- Global Political Economy Robert O'Brien, Marc Williams
- Politics and the Media in Britain Raymond Kuhn
- The Media at War Susan L. Carruthers
- Political Communication Heather Savigny
- Mass Media, Politics and Democracy John Street
- Social Worker Starter Pack
- Bureaucracy Martin Albrow
- Elections and Voters Martin Harrop, William L. Miller
- Women and Politics Vicky Randall
- The European Union and China Thomas Christiansen, Emil Kirchner, Uwe Wissenbach
- European Disintegration? Douglas Webber