In this new edition of Small Business Marketing, Ian Chaston offers an insightful alternative to classicist and mainstream marketing theories, drawing upon personal experience to demonstrate how a combination of established...Show More
In this new edition of Small Business Marketing, Ian Chaston offers an insightful alternative to classicist and mainstream marketing theories, drawing upon personal experience to demonstrate how a combination of established theories and empirical evidence is the key to more successful marketing performance.
This book introduces students to all the key aspects of, and theories behind, the small business marketing process and encourages them to apply their knowledge to best suit different companies and scenarios.
• Introduction to classic marketing theory – and its relevance to SMEs
• The role of entrepreneurship
• Small firms' reaction and adaptation to the economic climate
• The pros and cons of internet marketing
• The introduction of social networking as a promotional opportunity
Small Business Marketing is the perfect companion for any undergraduate or postgraduate studying small business marketing.
1. Content achieves a good balance between classical marketing theory and 'real world' case scenarios
2. Very strong in its coverage of recent research into the role of marketing in small firms
3. Demonstrates how the internet and ecommerce impacts upon small firm marketing processes
4. Covers lowcost alternatives to traditional marketing approaches, largely through use of social media, etc.
5. Ancillary content in support of the text available through the companion website, including downloadable marketing simulations
1. Philosophy and Process
2. Information Management
3. Risk Assessment
4. Small Firm Internal Competence
5. Market Positioning and Competitive Advantage
6. Marketing Planning
7. Product Management and Innovation
9. Pricing and Distribution
10. Information and Operations
11. Service Marketing
12. International Marketing.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Business Project Management and Marketing Michael Kleinaltenkamp, Wulff Plinke, Ingmar Geiger
- Modeling Markets Peter S.H. Leeflang, Jaap E. Wieringa, Tammo H.A. Bijmolt, Koen H. Pauwels
- Market Segmentation M. McDonald, M. McDonald
- Managing Strategic Design Ray Holland, Busayawan Lam
- Strategic Public Relations Kim Harrison
- Customer Relationship Management V. Kumar, Werner Reinartz
- A Concise Guide to Market Research Marko Sarstedt, Erik Mooi
- Consumption Matters Cathrine Jansson-Boyd
- Marketing Financial Services Jillian Farquhar, Arthur Meidan
- Principles of Retailing Rosemary Varley, Mohammed Rafiq
- Marketing Management Alain Jolibert, Hans Mühlbacher, Laurent Flores, Pierre-Louis Dubois
- Sales Management Paolo Guenzi, Susi Geiger