A major new introduction to the UK planning system. It outlines the evolution and use of the new spatial planning approach which is increasingly adopted at all levels of the UK planning system from European through to the...Show More
A major new introduction to the UK planning system. It outlines the evolution and use of the new spatial planning approach which is increasingly adopted at all levels of the UK planning system from European through to the national, regional, sub-regional and local level.Show Less
- Written by one of the country's leading academics in the field?
- A comprehensive overview of the role, structure and reform of planning in the UK?
- Text is supplemented by a range of useful illustrations?
Introduction: The Search for Spatial Planning
Spatial Challenges in the 21st Century
Spatialization: Coming to Terms with Spatial Planning
Europeanization, Spatial Planning and Competitiveness
National Spatial Planning and Political Discretion
Regionalism and Regional Strategies
Sub-regionalism and City Regions
Localism, Local Planning and Reform
Spatial Planning, Governance and the State
Fluid Spatial Planning as Strategic Intelligence.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Making Better Places Patsy Healey
- Regional and Local Economic Development Cliff Hague, Carrie Breitbach
- Planning World Cities P. Newman, Andy Thornley
- Spatial Planning and Governance Mark Tewdwr-Jones
- Environmental Planning in Context Iain White
- Planning in the UK Clara Greed
- Planning the Mobile Metropolis Luca Bertolini
- Planning Theory Philip Allmendinger
- Human Geography Derek Gregory, Ron Martin, Grahame Smith
- Spatial Divisions of Labour Doreen Massey
- Political Geography Richard Muir
- Skills for Planning Practice Ted Kitchen