Successful Statistics For Nursing and Healthcare helps students to gain an understanding of statistical methods within the evidence-based health care context. It builds confidence in descriptive statistics, concentrating on...Show More
Successful Statistics For Nursing and Healthcare helps students to gain an understanding of statistical methods within the evidence-based health care context. It builds confidence in descriptive statistics, concentrating on appropriate statistical tools and the techniques used in research, whilst gently introducing the mathematics required.Show Less
Focuses on the nursing/healthcare context throughout
Promotes the understanding of statistical concepts, providing explanations of all basic ideas and commonly used symbols
Features graphs and diagrams for illustration as well as a comprehensive Glossary containing the advance terms that may be met in research papers
Has been written by an exceptionally strong author team
Setting the Scene
Levels of Measurement
Populations and Samples
Distributions and their Curves
Is It Likely?
Estimating with Confidence
Normal or Not?
Different or Not?
The Significance of Proportions
The Strength of Relationships
Large Numbers of Variables.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Developing Person-Centred Practice Jaqui Hewitt-Taylor
- Using Research in Practice Jaqui Hewitt-Taylor
- Citizens, Consumers and the NHS Christine Hogg
- Managing People Sheila Marson
- Management in Health Care Elaine la Monica, Philip Ian Morgan
- Concepts in community care for people with a learning difficulty Patricia Brigden, Margaret Todd
- The Clinical Nurse Specialist Debra Humphris
- Interprofessional issues in community and primary health care John Carrier, John Horder, Patricia Owens
- Standard Setting June Girvin
- Caring for Health Susan Procter
- Aggression and Violence Brodie Paterson, John Turnbull
- Community Health Care Development Deborah Hennessy