This dynamic and beautifully written textbook takes a modern and innovative approach to strategy by placing technology at its heart, bridging the gap between general strategy texts and specialist technology and innovation...Show More
This dynamic and beautifully written textbook takes a modern and innovative approach to strategy by placing technology at its heart, bridging the gap between general strategy texts and specialist technology and innovation literature. It addresses the challenges and opportunities presented to organisations by disruptive technological change and takes into account the navigation of uncertain business environments. In addition to examining more established concepts and theories, the text also explores new disruptive business models and non-traditional approaches to strategy development such as effectuation, the business model canvas and prediction logic. This comprehensive and critical approach is supported by a rich assortment of practical examples and cases drawn from different sectors and a range of exciting companies from all over the world, helping students and practitioners to apply theory to practice.
This will be an essential core text for modules on technology strategy and innovation at upper undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA levels, and invaluable reading for senior executives and aspiring managers who seek to understand how to implement strategy in a volatile disruptive environment.Show Less
Bridges the gap between general strategy texts and specialist technology and innovation literature to enable students to understand how to formulate and implement strategy within the new digital landscape.
Takes a highly modern and topical approach, with strong coverage of cutting edge industry developments such as big data and AI.
Critical and comprehensive, looking at both new and established theories and models for managing technological change, with strong explanations and helpful examples of how these can be applied in the business context.
- Includes a wealth of global, up-to-date case studies and examples from a wide range of organisations and sectors which will help students to understand how technology strategy is being implemented in organisations around the world.
Supported by a suite of pedagogical features including learning objectives, case study questions, self-study questions and further reading in each chapter, and a glossary of terms at the end of the book.
- Comprehensive website with practitioner videos, a MCQ bank, additional case studies, chapter summaries, PowerPoint slides and useful web links .
2. Technology Change and the Relevance of Strategy in the 21st Century
3. The Strategy Process in Chaotic and Complex Environments
4. Data, Information, Knowledge and Innovation: The New Source of Competitive Advantage.- 5. Strategic Choices in Converging Industries Driven by New Technologies.- 6. The Rise of the Platform Ecosystem Company
7. Dynamic Resources and Capabilities—the Innovation Advantage of a Two-Sided Business Model over a One-Sided Firm
8. Business Model Innovation
9. Open Innovation—Reinventing the Way We Innovate
10. Dealing with Uncertain Business Environments: Strategic Foresight and Scenario Analysis
11. Entrepreneurial Architecture and High Innovation Environments
12. Born Global Firms: The Changing Nature of International Business
13. Where Next for Strategy?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Business Fundamentals Tao Bai
- Understanding Public Leadership Paul 't Hart, Lars Tummers
- Business Analytics Richard Vidgen, Samuel N. Kirshner, Felix Tan
- Asian Business and Management Harukiyo Hasegawa, Michael A Witt
- Digital Organizing Ursula Plesner, Emil Husted
- Essentials of Business Analytics Bhimasankaram Pochiraju, Sridhar Seshadri
- The Handbook of Technical Writing Gerald J. Alred, Walter E. Oliu, Charles T. Brusaw
- Digital Business Models Bernd W. Wirtz
- Qualitative Consumer and Marketing Research Krittinee Nuttavuthisit
- Diversity in Organizations Heike Mensi-Klarbach, Annette Risberg
- Sustainable Human Resource Management Sugumar Mariappanadar
- International Business Management Kamal Fatehi, Jeongho Choi
- Discovering Business Concepts Simon Smith, Tony Bithell
- Business Fundamentals Tao Bai
- Business Analytics Thomas W. Jackson, Steven Lockwood
- Mastering Personal Finance John Gorham
- Managing Your Placement Ian Herbert, Andrew Rothwell
- Technology Strategy Nigel Walton, Neil Pyper
- Critical Issues in Human Resource Management Ian Roper, Rea Prouska, Uracha Chatrakul Na Ayudhya
- Understanding Enterprise Simon Bridge, Ken O'Neill
- Operations Management David Barnes
- Work Out Operational Research T A Burley, G O'Sullivan
- Macroeconomics: For Business & Society Scott Sumner, Stephen Rubb
- Effective Management Dietmar Sternad