This new edition of Hedley Bull's most systematic and fundamental work marks the 35th anniversary of its original publication. The book includes a substantial new foreword by Andrew Hurrell examining the continuing...Show More
This new edition of Hedley Bull's most systematic and fundamental work marks the 35th anniversary of its original publication. The book includes a substantial new foreword by Andrew Hurrell examining the continuing relevance of The Anarchical Society to developments in theory and in the structures and practices of world politics.
One of the classics of International Relations The most systematic and fundamental theoretical contribution of one of the great figures in International Relations of the 20th century Reissued with a substantial new foreword by Andrew Hurrell
PART I: THE NATURE OF ORDER IN WORLD POLITICS The Concept of Order in World Politics
Does Order Exist in World Politics?
How is Order Maintained in World Politics?
Order versus Justice in World Politics
PARTII: ORDER IN THE CONTEMPORARY INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM The Balance of Power and International Order
International Law and International Order
Diplomacy and International Order
War and International Order
The Great Powers and International Order
PART III: ALTERNATIVE PATHS TO WORLD ORDER Alternatives to the Contemporary States System
The Decline of the States System?
The Obsolescence of the States System?
The Reform of the States System?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Understanding International Relations Chris Brown, Kirsten Ainley
- British Encounters with India, 1750-1830 Tim Keirn, Norbert Schürer
- The Anarchical Society Hedley Bull
- Black Americans in the Revolutionary Era Woody Holton
- Yugoslavia Ann Lane
- Contending Images of World Politics Greg Fry, Jacinta O'Hagan
- International Relations Michael Nicholson
- Global Politics Andrew Heywood
- Introduction to International Relations Joseph Grieco, G. John Ikenberry, Michael Mastanduno
- Issues in 21st Century World Politics Mark Beeson, Nick Bisley
- Issues in World Politics Brian White, Richard Little, Michael Smith