Winner of the CHOICE Outstanding Academic Titles, this key textbook offers an insight on the theory of emotional intelligence and its vital practical value. Elegantly and succinctly written, it makes a powerful case for the...
Winner of the CHOICE Outstanding Academic Titles, this key textbook offers an insight on the theory of emotional intelligence and its vital practical value. Elegantly and succinctly written, it makes a powerful case for the importance of understanding and managing emotions for effective professional practice.
Written for students and practitioners alike across a range of human services and caring professions, Howe’s work on attachment theory has been hugely influential. With a highly regarded reputation for setting the agenda in social work teaching, the author’s skills in communicating important theory in an engaging language make of this essential textbook a must-have for all current and future practitioners of the field.Show Less
- Provides an accessible introduction to emotional intelligence for people working in the human services
- Written by a best-selling author with a reputation for setting the agenda in social work teaching?
- An invaluable guide to relating theory to practice
Once More with Feeling
What is Emotional Intelligence?
What are Emotions?
The Emotional Brain
Emotions and Physical Health
Emotions and Mental Health
Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies
Relationship-based Interventions and Supports
The Professional Relationship and Emotional Intelligence
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- A Guide to Statutory Social Work Interventions Mel Hughes
- Ethics, Law and Health Care Shih-Ning Then, Fiona McDonald
- Working Across Difference Donna Baines, Bindi Bennett, Susan Goodwin, Margot Rawsthorne
- Social Work for Lazy Radicals Jane Fenton
- Global Mindedness in International Social Work Practice Janet Carter Anand, Chaitali Das
- Cultural Diversity in Child Protection Siobhan Laird, Prospera Tedam
- Childhood and Society Michael Wyness
- Qualitative Consumer and Marketing Research Krittinee Nuttavuthisit
- Health Care and Indigenous Australians Kerry Taylor, Pauline Guerin
- Ways of Knowing Jonathon W. Moses, Torbjørn L. Knutsen
- Our Voices Bindi Bennett, Sue Green
- Working with People with Learning Disabilities Victoria Jones, Mark Haydon-Laurelut
- Doing a Successful Research Project Martin Davies, Nathan Hughes
- The Emotionally Intelligent Social Worker David Howe
- Skills for Social Work Practice Keith Davies, Ray Jones
- Anti-Discriminatory Practice Neil Thompson
- Critical Practice in Social Work Robert Adams, Lena Dominelli, Malcolm Payne
- Practising Social Work in a Complex World Robert Adams, Lena Dominelli, Malcolm Payne
- Social Work Practice Veronica Coulshed, Joan Orme
- Care Management Bryan Glastonbury, Joan Orme
- Applied Research for Better Practice Angela Everitt, Pauline Hardiker, Jane Littlewood, Audrey Mullender
- Applying Research Evidence in Social Work Practice Martin Webber
- The Reflective Journal Barbara Bassot
- Management in Social Work Veronica Coulshed, Audrey Mullender, David N. Jones, Neil Thompson