A vital part of a social worker’s role is to build strong relationships based on confidence and trust, with people across all stages of the life course and from a broad range of backgrounds, in what can be extremely...Show More
A vital part of a social worker’s role is to build strong relationships based on confidence and trust, with people across all stages of the life course and from a broad range of backgrounds, in what can be extremely challenging circumstances. In this, her latest collaboration with Palgrave, bestselling social work author Karen Healy turns her attention to the key topic of communication and the importance of developing into a skilled communicator across all areas of professional practice.
Split into two distinct sections, the text provides a thorough exploration of:
· The foundations of effective communication in social work practice, focusing on the basic knowledge and skills that are essential to forming working alliances with service users in a broad range of practice situations; and
· The specialised communication skills required to work with people with specific capacities and needs – from children, young people and older adults to people from diverse cultures and linguistic groups, those who experience trouble with verbal communication and those with mental health challenges.
With helpful learning features such as practice exercises and chapter summary questions to enable you to review and reflect on what you have learned, this is an essential resource for social work students new to this complex area of practice. Show Less
The only book that comprehensively combines fundamental and advanced communications skills for social workers
It combines knowledge from social work research with evidence from social and cognitive psychology, social science and politics to inform practice
It is a practical guide to managing both basic and complex communication situations in social work practice.
It is comprehensive and takes into account issues of service user diversity including cultural diversity.
Author has an international reputation for her social work textbooks.
Chapter 1: The Skilled Communicator in Social Work
PART1: Foundations of the Working Alliance
Chapter 2: Preparing to Communicate
Chapter 3: Core Communication Skills
Chapter 4: Communication and Heightened Emotions
Chapter 5: Communication in response to Anger and Aggression
PART 2: Communication and Diversity
Chapter 6: Communication and Cultural Diversity
Chapter 7: Communication with Children and Young People
Chapter 8: Communication with Older Adults
Chapter 9: Communication with People who have Mental Health Challenges
Chapter 10: Differences and Disabilities Affecting Spoken Communication
Chapter 11: Conclusion.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Social Work Methods and Skills Karen Healy
- Assessment in Social Work Judith Milner, Steve Myers, Patrick O'byrne
- People Skills Neil Thompson
- The Social Work Companion Neil Thompson, Sue Thompson
- Specialist Communication Skills for Social Workers Johanna Woodcock Ross
- The Skilled Communicator in Social Work Karen Healy
- Communication in Social Work Joyce Lishman
- Television Discourse Nuria Lorenzo-Dus
- Discovering Sociolinguistics Dick Smakman
- The Emotionally Intelligent Social Worker David Howe
- Skills for Social Work Practice Keith Davies, Ray Jones