This important new work updates the arguments of Christopher Hood's classic work The Tools of Government for the Twenty-First century. Comprehensively revised throughout, it includes increased coverage of how government gets...Show More
This important new work updates the arguments of Christopher Hood's classic work The Tools of Government for the Twenty-First century. Comprehensively revised throughout, it includes increased coverage of how government gets information and an assessment of how the tools available to government have changed over time.
- A new and comprehensively revised and updated version of a classic text (The Tools of Government by Christopher Hood) first published in 98.
- The 'tools' approach has been increasingly influential in recent years and this is the key text by the leading authority
- Includes substantial coverage throughout of the impact of digital technology on public policy
Exploring Governments' Toolshed
Government as a Toolkit
Alternative Approaches to the Tools of Government
A Changing Mix of Government Tools in the Digital Age.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Community Care Robin Means, Sally Richards, Randall Smith
- Public Policy in the Community Marilyn Taylor
- Local Government in the United Kingdom David Wilson, Chris Game
- Comparative Public Policy Anneliese Dodds
- Health Policy in Britain Christopher Ham
- Public Management in the United Kingdom June Burnham, Sylvia Horton
- Local Democracy and Local Government Lawrence Pratchett, David Wilson
- Housing Finance in the UK Kenneth Gibb, Moira Munro, Madhu Satsangi
- Decentralising Public Service Management Johnston Birchall, Keith Putman, Christopher Pollitt
- Housing Policy and Practice Peter Malpass, Alan Murie
- Public Management in Britain David Farnham, Sylvia Horton
- The Public Management and Modernisation in Britain A. Massey, Robert Pyper