- Continued emphasis on the top ten High-Impact Practices developed by the American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Critical thinking activities and exercises in every chapter. .
- Your Turn collaborative learning activities which can be used to help strengthen the bond between students and their college communities.
- Tech Tip features in every chapter that highlight the link between technology and learning.
- Use Your Resources boxes connect students to their campus, faculty, and other students.
- An expanded Chapter 2, "Cultivating Motivation, Resilience, and Emotional Intelligence," features more robust coverage of motivation, attitude, mindsets, and resilience, in addition to emotional intelligence.
- New themes of diversity are explored in a revised and peer-reviewed Chapter 13 "Diversity." These include the topic of microaggressions, as well as appreciating diversity not only in college but also in the workplace and in life.
- The "Majors and Careers" chapter, which has been moved up from Chapter 15 to Chapter 11, includes updated discussions on the evolving economy and branding yourself.
Part I Foundations
1. Thriving in College and Life
2. Cultivating Motivation, Resilience, and Emotional Intelligence
3. Time Management
4. How You Learn
Part II Preparing to Learn
5. Thinking in College
6. Reading to Learn
7. Getting the Most From Class
10. Information Literacy and Communication
Part III Preparing for Life
11. Majors and Careers
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Your College Experience Betsy Barefoot, John Gardner
- The Graduate Career Guidebook Steven Rook
- Skills for Success Stella Cottrell
- Work Experience, Placements and Internships Steven Rook
- How to Succeed at Assessment Centres Kathleen Houston, Eileen Cunningham
- Social Media for Your Student and Graduate Job Search Marielle Kelly
- Graduate Entrepreneurship Michael Tefula
- Excel at Graduate Interviews Bruce Woodcock
- The Employability Journal Barbara Bassot
- Graduate CVs and Covering Letters Jenny Keaveney, Bruce Woodcock
- Step by Step to College and Career Success John N. Gardner, Betsy O. Barefoot
- Work Placements - A Survival Guide for Students Christine Fanthome