This book makes a unique contribution to classroom assessment literature, linking teacher-friendly examples to scholarly work and current research in the field, and providing comprehensive, hands-on information on core...Show More
This book makes a unique contribution to classroom assessment literature, linking teacher-friendly examples to scholarly work and current research in the field, and providing comprehensive, hands-on information on core concepts in accessible terms. Examples of real activities and questions for reflection and discussion aim to enrich understandingShow Less
1. Why do we assess?
2. What do we assess?
3. How do we assess?
4. How do we develop a high quality classroom test?
5. Who are we assessing? Placement, needs analysis, and diagostics
6. Who are we assessing? Feedback and motivation
7. When we assess, how can we use assessment to move forward?.
“This book is an excellent resource for language teachers and teacher educators. The foregrounding of the learner and explicit engagement with feedback and motivation in language learning and assessment set it apart from other introductory texts on language assessment. It could function as a stand-alone professional development resource for groups of language teachers who have formed a community of practice and would also be extremely effective for use in language teacher education courses.” (Lyn May, Papers in Language Testing and Assessment, Vol. 7 (1), 2018)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Syntactic Theory Geoffrey Poole
- Foundations Italian 1 Mara Benetti, Carmela Murtas, Caterina Varchetta
- English Language Jonathan Culpeper, Paul Kerswill, Ruth Wodak, Anthony McEnery, Francis Katamba
- Chaucer's Language Simon Horobin
- English Syntax and Argumentation Bas Aarts
- Language in Business, Language at Work Erika Darics, Veronika Koller
- Dialect in Film and Literature Jane Hodson
- The Frameworks of English Kim Ballard
- Analysing Political Speeches Jonathan Charteris-Black
- Beginning Old English Carole Hough, John Corbett
- Foundations Spanish 1 Maria del Carmen Gil Ortega, Cathy Holden
- The New Sociolinguistics Reader Nikolas Coupland, Adam Jaworski