This book examines the history of thought surrounding the relationship between Darwinism and the behavioural sciences. Accessible and thought-provoking, it demonstrates how and why Darwinism remains both illuminating and...Show More
This book examines the history of thought surrounding the relationship between Darwinism and the behavioural sciences. Accessible and thought-provoking, it demonstrates how and why Darwinism remains both illuminating and controversial today.Show Less
Charles Darwin is a seminal figure whose work has influenced many different fields and so this will certainly appeal to both academics and general readers
Evolutionary Psychology is a popular module and this short and affordable book is perfect for students who want a brief introduction to the area
This is the first book to look specifically at Darwin's contribution to modern psychology
1. Who was Charles Darwin?
2. Darwin's Greatest Work 'On the Origin of Species'
3. Sex and Emotions: Darwin's Other Great Works
4. Darwin and Darwinism
5. Is Darwin dangerous? Objections and Rejections From the Social Sciences
6. Ultra-Darwinism: Sociobiology and the Selfish Gene
7. Evolutionary Psychology: Darwin's Science of Behaviour Realised?
8. Conclusions: Darwinism Today.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Development through Adulthood Oliver Robinson
- Psychology, Human Growth and Development for Social Work Emma Zara O'Brien
- Introducing Gender and Women's Studies Diane Richardson, Victoria Robinson
- Community Psychology Manuel Riemer, Stephanie M. Reich, Scotney D. Evans, Geoffrey Nelson, Isaac Prilleltensky
- Social Psychology and Everyday Life Darrin Hodgetts, Ottilie Stolte, Christopher Sonn, Neil Drew, Stuart Carr, Linda Waimarie Nikora
- The Medicalisation of Everyday Life Barbara Fawcett, Zita Weber, Helen Bannister
- Early Childhood Studies Jenny Willan
- Psychology in Crisis Brian Hughes
- Charles Darwin Lance Workman
- George Kelly Trevor Butt
- Burrhus F. Skinner Frederick Toates
- Hans Eysenck Philip J Corr
- Issues, Debates and Approaches in Psychology Ian Fairholm
- Erich Fromm Annette Thomson
- Stanley Milgram Peter Lunt
- Sigmund Freud Richard Stevens
- Erik H. Erikson Richard Stevens
- Foundations of Mental Health Practice Thurstine Basset, Theodore Stickley
- Social and Emotional Development: Karen Rosen