Training to be a counsellor can be an intense and demanding experience, full of stresses and anxieties. It can also be positive and fulfilling. This easy-to-use guide can help you make the most of your training so that you...Show More
Training to be a counsellor can be an intense and demanding experience, full of stresses and anxieties. It can also be positive and fulfilling. This easy-to-use guide can help you make the most of your training so that you survive - and, importantly, enjoy - your course.
From choosing a course to writing a report, the book examines the biggest and passively most daunting issues you will face on the way to becoming qualified. The information is presented in easily digestible, bite-size chunks, so that you can dip in and out of the text as your training programme – and your understanding – progresses.
Drawing on the authors' extensive teaching experience and the wider literature, How to Survive Counsellor Training:
• Provides a realistic and reassuring advice at every stage, in order to reduce anxiety and allow you to grow in confidence
• Informs your choices and suggests possible actions and strategies
• Explains the rationale behind some aspects of training, offering hints about how to get the most out of the experience
• Helps and encourages you to take care of yourself and pay attention to your own personal development
• Warns you about some of the challenges you might face and suggests strategies for coping with them.
Clearly structured and a pleasure to read and use, this text is aimed at prospective and beginning trainees and will prove a practical and stimulating reference for counsellors throughout their training and beyond.
Easytouse AZ format
Covers the trickiest issues that all trainees encounter
Wellrenowned and experienced authors
Over 150 alphabetically organized terms, concepts, concerns and issues.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Forensic Psychology Thomas Davis
- Understanding Developmental Psychology Stephanie Thornton, Teodora Gliga
- SPSS for Psychologists Virginia Harrison, Richard Kemp, Nicola Brace, Rosemary Snelgar
- Animal Cognition Clive D. L. Wynne, Monique A. R. Udell
- Introducing Psychology Daniel L. Schacter, Daniel Gilbert, Matthew Nock, Daniel Wegner
- Introducing Psychology plus LaunchPad Pack (12 month Access Card) Daniel L. Schacter, Daniel T. Gilbert, Daniel M. Wegner, Matthew K. Nock
- Psychology David Myers, C Nathan DeWall
- Psychology Peter O. Gray, David Bjorklund
- SPSS for Psychologists Nicola Brace, Rosemary Snelgar, Richard Kemp
- Fundamentals of Human Neuropsychology Bryan Kolb, Ian Q. Whishaw
- Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology Ronald J. Comer
- The Development of Children Cynthia Lightfoot, Michael Cole, Sheila R. Cole
- Experiencing the Lifespan Janet Belsky
- Issues, Debates and Approaches in Psychology Ian Fairholm
- Emotion Science Elaine Fox
- Psychology, Mental Health and Distress John Cromby, Dave Harper, Paula Reavey
- Attachment Across the Lifecourse David Howe
- Psychology of Addictive Behaviour Antony C. Moss, Kyle R. Dyer
- Health Psychology Karen Rodham